Orange County Public Schools has worked diligently to create a safe plan for a return to Athletics, and at Freedom High School we are working together to implement those plans for our programs.
Beginning Monday, July 6th, all Fall Sports (which includes Bowling, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Swimming/Diving, and Girls Volleyball) will begin voluntary workouts from July 6-23. Information on a Return to Athletics for Winter and Spring sports will be available at a later date.
In order to participate, ALL student-athletes must:
- Be enrolled at the OCPS school participating in summer workouts.
- Have approved completed in full the current physical packet. Instructions for completing the Athletic Physicals for 2020-21 can be found here.
- Provide proof of health insurance.
- Provide NFHS heat illness, sudden cardiac arrest, and concussion certificates. Click here to access the NFHS certification classes.
- Have a parent/legal guardian agree and sign the “Assumption of COVID Risk Waiver” and medical waiver. View the COVID Risk Waiver Here
Freedom Athletics will adhere to strict CDC and OCPS Guidelines that includes:
- Student must arrive and leave wearing a face covering. For safety purposes, face coverings are not required during workout activities.
- Coaches shall wear a face covering if within six feet of an athlete.
- A minimum of six feet must be kept between all people at all times.
- Restroom access with social distancing is permitted, no locker room access.
- No physical contact between athletes or coaches.
- Health Screening will be conducted daily; coaches or students cannot participate if they answer yes to the following questions or have a temperature at or above 100.4 / Questions to be asked are: Do you have chills, a sore throat, cough or shortness of breath? Do you currently feel ill?
- Athletes who are late to their pod, and miss Health Screening, may not participate that day and must return home immediately.
- At risk individuals should not participate or oversee workouts.
- Coaches must remain with their pod until each athlete is picked up.
- Pod attendance and screening needs to be performed daily prior to workouts.
- No shared equipment or clothing is permitted between teammates and coaches.
- Pre and Post workout outdoor hand washing station and/or hand sanitizer.
- 30 minute window for coaches to sanitize any outdoor conditioning equipment in between heats.
- No equipment which requires multiple athletes to touch the single object may be used during workouts.
It is recommended that student-athletes bring a personal bag with the following items:
- Personal Water Bottle
- Face Covering
- Dry T-Shirt
- You are unable to attend workouts.
- You must remain in their vehicle at drop-off and pick-up.
- Communication with coaches must be arranged in a virtual manner.
- Alternative plans need to be prepared for transportation if athlete has a temperature at or above 100.4.
Workouts will be held Monday-Thursday in 1 hour intervals from the hours of 7am-12pm (Outdoor Activities) and 7am-4pm (Weight Room), and schedules will be provided to athletes by their respective coaches. For email contact information for all of our Coaches, visit our Coaches Directory.
Check back for updates…
Last updated on 7/1/2020